Sunday, April 16, 2006

talkin bout easter

i don't do christian holidays.
so i was on the phone with a christian friend ( i don't seem to have any of other religions) and her mom asked me what color my easter dress one.
of course i ain got one.
although i was gonna go to church and take pictures of my cousins saying easter speeches.
i had the day from hell yesterday and needed to recoup.
in tee way,
she continued to tell me that i need to go to church and pray.
i get that alot
and because it's her, i spared us both the litany of why i'm not really a buddhist but not christian
i will spare you the explination as well.
i don't force buddha or God on anyone.
so get your hands out of my mouth.
(quit trying to shove it down my throat)

i don't really believe in this whole, nationwide religious holiday celebration thing.
i wanted some sandals and wanted to shop today and there were very few places open
all i'm saying is it's not fair to people who don't do easter to have to suffer through days without the ability to satisfy certain fetishes because others want to remember and commemorate. ya dig?

i do my thing on the low and that's it. i don't stop the world to melt with jesurs
and i'm not being disrespectful but i'd appreciate it if others would
black buddhists exist. love them or leave them alone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

i am a christian. may not seem that way to some people but believe it or not, greg believes in jesus christ and all the other rhetoric that comes with it. no doubt in my mind. and even though some of our opinions differ, i understand where you're coming from. i do know that you believe in god though, so it's not like you're an atheist or anything so i'll pull my hand back like you said. and in this world, i often sit and think about how conformity is killing our world, so i'm fine with our differences. i accept your beliefs and you accept mine. and it's like that. everybody won't understand; but everybody's not supposed to. i didn't make the rules and i'm still searching to learn more and experience new things i'm not familiar with. my open-minded spirit allows me to venture into the unknown and admit when i don't know, but in this world of "my way or the highway" it's hard to come across people like me. so maybe that's why we're friends without all that extra bull-ish. and i heard them say...

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home